As another year draws to an end many of us are setting goals for the next year. Just deciding what you want to accomplish can be a struggle.
To help you set clear goals and priorities that will improve the quality of your life or business ask yourself some questions.
1. Will reaching this new goal energize you? Or is this really something that will only add to your over-scheduled calendar? If it doesn't really excite you, you are less likely to stick with it.
2. Do you have the skills required to attain the goal? Are you willing to learn and ask for support from others? It is hard enough to make changes but if you don't know how to make the change, it becomes that much more difficult.
3. Do you have time to dedicate to this goal? Are you willing to give up something else to make time?
4. What is the reward you will receive for accomplishing your goal? Keeping the payoff in mind may help boost your motivation.
5. Break your goal into small steps, after you decide what you want to accomplish. Work tenaciously. As you start crossing completed steps off your plan, you will build momentum.
6. Remember to think positively! One of my favorite quotes is from Henry Ford, "whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right."
Most of us know that we are more likely to accomplish things if you set goals. Putting that goal in writing will add to your success rate.
Before setting another goal, remember to visit these areas.
- Break it Down
- Think Positive